Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Allen Gilreath

Austin Hebert
English 1001
Michel
Interview
Allen Gilreath
Allen Gilreath is a solo music artist of the Baton Rouge community. At a height of six feet even, he has a strong, confident figure. He has short brown hair with perfectly straight teeth thanks to his braces from high school. As a child he was raised listening to classical rock music, mostly rock, such as AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Lynard Skynard, Poison, etc. When I asked what his favorite rock band is he responded “there are so many amazing and aspiring bands that it is hard to single out just one.” He is currently a freshman at LSU and must also do an interview for his English 1001 class. When I asked who he is interviewing he told me “I am unsure at this point, but I hope to interview one of the janitors on campus.”
Allen has respect for the janitors because of everything they must endure. Though he himself said that he would not want to be a janitor, he claims that they are classified as heroes and heroines for the work they do in keeping our environment clean. As I attempted to get back onto the subject of his blooming music career, he interrupted me and began explaining his own views on the environment. “[Allen] does not agree with animal cruelty but does believe it is necessary to eat meat because of the possibility of overpopulation.” After making this statement he allowed me to continue with my interview.
I proceeded with my questions and asked him if he follows the rocker’s rule of sex, drugs, and rock and roll to which he responded “Hell yes! I am never going to get into any illegal drugs of any kind though. I never have and never will. I do follow the other two rules however. His reaction to the question was not as shocking as I had predicted. He was beginning to get impatient because I had promised him that the interview would not be that long so I went ahead and began my last question. I asked him where he sees himself going in the music business as a singer and guitar player, and he “has high hopes on making it big like those bands he listened to as a child,” which some are listed above, “they are my idols, and I can only hope to be as great as they are.”
I then wanted to ask him what his definition of greatness is when it comes to bands, but he refused, stood up, and began to walk away. When I yelled to thank him for his time, all he did was flick me a peace sign with his fingers.

No comments: